One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Original Blessing"....!

image:beautifulfreepictures
For some reason this close up took my breath away! 
So fragile a creature..yet so strong and beautiful.  How is it that I can see Butterfly close up and name him/her beautiful...yet not do the same for myself or others? 

Sad to say my first reaction response was "there are no flaws"!!! More truthfully..I see no flaws.. they might be there but I do not see them.  How did we as humans get so caught up and entrapped by our flaws?
"Don't do a close up of me..I'm afraid of what you'll see."!!

As Christians we have lived with the understanding of "Original Sin" which has made us more conscious of our flaws and failings rather than of our beauty and goodness.  I'm not saying don't be responsible for what we say and do..that's a given; I'm saying can we change our focus to a more positive one?

For myself,  I would choose the words of Mathew Fox, "Original Blessing" as a new focal point. What If we looked at ourselves and all we meet through the eyes of "Original Blessing"???  I think we'd have a whole new perspective and understanding  of ourselves and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment