One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I never knew..

Thanks to A-Z animals I learned that one of the smallest members of our family, Ant, can lift 50 times its own body weight, and pull 30 times its body weight!! Who ever would have guessed the power of so little a creature.
It's amazing that after living life for 66 years, how sparse my knowledge is about so many of the members of our family!
I can remember being fascinated by ant hills growing up.. but I never took the time to learn more. What a gift that it is not to late and we can still get to know and appreciate one another. Thank you Ant, for the gift of you and all that you do, regardless of the fact that some members of your family, like me, didn't have a clue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment