One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Splash me!

With the high heat and humidity we are experiencing, the thought of being splashed by this wondrous wave cools me off!! Growing up in New Hampshire, summer meant trips to Hampton Beach in Hampton NH, where the water was COLD! Refreshing yes, and cold! I loved diving into wave and feeling her power roll over me! Waves also knocked me down and I soon learned to honor wave's strength. I was amazed at the difference in water temperature when I visited Florida; I expected cold and refreshing and got warm and bath like! I complained to my sister that I felt like I was taking a shower rather than being at the beach. As water cools us off this summer, let us remember her gift and do what we can to keep her clean and healthy. I am truly shocked at what I see left on the sand that ultimately winds up carried by waves into Water's depths! I have been careless in not cleaning up my spot after a good day of swimming and eating..but now I am more attentive because I have a deeper understanding of the consequences and the impact of my actions. What a gift it would be if we could leave our beaches free and clear of all our garbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment