One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Celebrate the Gift YOU ARE...

If I'm going to Celebrate the Gift I AM
why am I using an image of Rose
that is flawed and not perfect?
So much of me was saying don't use
this picture... its not perfect!!
Why do I resist seeing markings
on a flower?
Our whole culture goes overboard
with adds and images
 that show flawless skin
and eternal youth.
 
Is the gift of Me truly dependent on
being flawless??
Just what is a flaw
and why am I
so resistant to flaws? 
Is Rose any less a Rose because of
her visible markings?
If I am only able to see myself
as Gift
when I am without markings..
I will never willingly
and joyfully
see
and delight in
the Gift
of Me!!
 I will be forever driven
by the need
to be flawless..
and that very drive..
will close my eyes
and my heart
to
The Gift I truly am!!
 
Beginning
Today
I choose
to see
Differently...
I choose
to honor and celebrate
the Gift
of
Who I AM..
with all of my markings
quirks
and so called
flaws.
I give thanks for my
uniqueness..
I celebrate
my differences
as they
bring
a wonderful sense
of
beauty in diversity,
and most of all
a true
Authenticity
and
Genuineness!
 
Thank you Rose..
for showing me
the very real Gift
of you
and
Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment