One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What stops us!!

beautifulfreepictures
The power, beauty and depth of this rock formation is amazing...the multiple layers colored within the rock speak to me of the layers of growth we all experience and undergo.  Some times we need to be willing to reach beyond the known and take the next step...What holds us back?

The following two quotes from "Behold.. I Am Doing Something New" a publication of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious challanged me and sparked my desire for more...

"Our duty as men and women is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist.  We are collaborators in creation." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ
"Very truly I tell you, all who have faith in me will do the works I have been doing and they will do even greater things than these" John 14:12

I can say yes to the beauty and power of Nature...Why can I not say yes to activating the fullness of the beauty and power that is within me?  What am I afraid of ? 

Dear Rock (my name for you does not do you justice, forgive me)  I yearn for the fullness that you reflect to me, give me the courage and willingness to actively stimulate and bring forth all that is calling to be birthed within me.. for the good of all creation.  Your very presence shows me the power of active patience, persistence and perseverance!

May each of us open the doors to the fullness of who we are...for the good of all!!

2 comments:

  1. the rock endures the storms of life without flinching, it lets itself be molded and accepts each change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true..and not easy to do!

    ReplyDelete