One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Monday, March 21, 2011

It's just a flower....!

image:beautifulfreepictures
As I read about long waits for gasoline, empty food shelves, and the difficulty in getting milk for infants and young children in Japan my eyes are being opened to just how much I take for granted in my life! I thought I  was aware, yet the struggle of the people in Japan is truly waking me up!!

Right now, I have a roof over my head, warmth, safe water, food, milk and easy access to gasoline for the car.  I can choose to walk or ride..What makes me think this will always be so?

There was a story in the news today of a young woman who is biking to work when her car is low on gas. By car, she gets to work in 15 minutes; when she bikes it takes an hour!!

How often do we look at the gifts around us as if they will always be there...we're so sure of it that we fail to notice their presence!   It's just a flower...its just a glass of water...its just a house...its just a lamp...

Some of our most basic needs are met so often and so consistently that we might figure there's more to life than just a home, food, electricity, water, milk, gasoline and the beauty of a simple yellow flower!!

Thank you sisters and brothers, human and non human, in Japan for showing me how much I take for granted  and assume I'll have forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment