One Family...

One Family...
The Beauty of Each Being..The Power of Our Truth..The Wisdom of Our Experience..Sustain and Make Us Community...Margaret Parent

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Songs of joy that warm the heart!!

I got to know these beautiful little birds (Chic ca dee's)when I was given the gift of a bird feeder. I had never had a bird feeder before and couldn't wait to choose the feed and put it up and see who it would attract. I chose feed that would attract small birds because I figured the bigger birds could take care of themselves. What a joy when they showed up at the feeder and settled in to enjoy their food. I loved hearing their gentle song and watching them dance with one another as they took their places at the feeder. I never imagined it could be so much fun to just watch and listen...! I also had a few good laughs when these intelligent little birds out witted the larger birds and often the squirrels when they tried to take over the feeder. Each year the Chic ca dee's faithfully returned knowing there would be food to nurish them. So much joy and song given in response to the simple act of nurishing members of our family. If you have never had a bird feeder.. give it a try and enjoy, watch and listen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment